Collège

 

More than 950 students currently follow ASEICA English and Humanities programs in one of the four collèges in the Sophia Antipolis area offering the Brevet International. After 3ème, students integrate the anglophone section of the international lycée at the CIV.

Admissions guidance

It is important to understand that ASEICA functions within the French state educational system. Children entering the Anglophone sections at Niki de St. Phalle, Eganaude, César or the CoIV will have 65% of their course content provided in French by the French Education Nationale. The remaining 35% is provided in English by ASEICA teachers, although children may receive their English tuition from Education Nationale colleagues.

The admissions policy into the Anglophone section is defined by Education Nationale.

The entrance examination for 6ème is organized by Education Nationale's Inspection Académique. Whatever their nationality and mother tongue, students are tested both in French and English. There is a written test first and also an oral test of about 10 minutes.

Children coming directly from abroad who have recently arrived in the area and have never attended a French school are usually evaluated for entrance on the basis of a questionnaire and assessment of their past school record (the dossier).

Children from the international sections of the two primary schools with Anglophone sections (École Élémentaire Sartoux and Trois Collines, Mougins) pass directly into the Anglophone program at one of the four colleges as long as they receive the agreement of the school's "Conseil des Maîtres" and follow the Inspection Académique registration process, just like the children who take the test.

The choice of school, Niki de St Phalle, Éganaude, César or CIV, is determined by the Inspection Académique and depends on place of residence as well as the number of children from a particular catchment area who are accepted into the program. Having brothers or sisters in the section in one of the four collège is another criteria.

Children entering in 5ème, 4ème or 3ème are usually evaluated through a questionnaire and their past school record. Parents can contact ASEICA for information on the entrance process, but must contact the appropriate collège directly.

 
School Year 2024-2025: College Admissions in 6e

More info: Website of the Académie de Nice (see online FAQ)

Information meeting about 6e Admissions

The Académie de Nice will host an online information meeting for the 2023/2024 School Year 6e International sections recruitment, at the following dates:
- Monday November 27th, 2023 at 6:00 PM
Tuesday November 28th, 2023 at 6:00 PM
Parents can attend either meeting (same content). Link to connect to the Webinar

6e online tests registration: from Friday December 8th , 2023 (9 AM) till Monday February 5th, 2024 (11 PM) Info, FAQ and Link to register

6e admission written and oral tests in English/French (50/50): 
Wednesday March 13th, 2024  (written) Collège César – Roquefort les Pins
Wednesday March 27th, 2024 (oral) either at the Collège Niki de Saint Phalle – Valbonne or Collège L'Eganaude - Biot
Place and time will be confirmed on the convocation sent by the Académie de Nice.

Results:  result and college allocation notified by the Académie from Wednesday April 10th, 2024, by email only.

Validation of the collège allocation: from Wednesday April 10th till Monday April 15th 2024.

Collège registration: from April 16th till May 5th, 2024 
It is compulsory to complete registration with the Collège allocated by the Académie de Nice and also with ASEICA, the International Anglophone Section. See International Section 2023-2024 School Fees (update for School Year 2024-2025 to come).

 

School Year 2024-2025: Admissions in 5e,4and 3

More info: Website of the Académie de Nice

Admissions in 5e,4and 3e is restricted to children who arrive in the Alpes Maritimes at the rentrée 2023 and who already went to an international section recognized by the Education Nationale or come from an an international section of the AEFE network.

Online registration from Monday March 11th, 2024 (9 AM) to Wednesday May 22nd,2024 (12:00 PM) Link to come on the Académie de Nice Website.

As of Monday June 24th, 2024: notification of the allocation and results of students admitted without test and convocation to tests by the schools (for students whose admission to the International Section is subject to the evaluation of the required level).