ASEICA's mission is to promote high-quality bilingual education for the world of tomorrow
More than 940 students currently follow ASEICA English and Humanities programs in one of the four collèges in Sophia Antipolis offering the Brevet International. After 3ème they will all transfer to the anglophone section of the international lycée at the CIV.
It is important to understand that ASEICA functions within the French state educational system. Children entering the Anglophone sections at Niki de St. Phalle, Eganaude, César or the CIV will have 65% of their course content provided in French by the French Education Nationale. The remaining 35% will be provided in English by ASEICA teachers, although beginners in English may receive their English tuition from Education Nationale colleagues.
The admissions policy into the Anglophone section is determined by Education Nationale.
Any child who has attended a French school for more than a year will be required to pass the entrance examination organized by Education Nationale's Inspection Académique. French citizens (or double nationality one of which is French) are tested in the section language, in English for the Anglophone section. For foreign nationals, it tests knowledge of French. There is a written test and also an oral test of about 10 minutes.
Children coming directly from abroad who have recently arrived in the area and have never attended a French school are usually evaluated for entrance on the basis of a questionnaire and assessment of their past school record (the dossier).
Children from the international sections of the two primary schools with Anglophone sections (École Élémentaire Sartoux and Trois Collines, Mougins) pass directly into the Anglophone program at one of the four colleges as long as they receive the agreement of the school's "Conseil des Maîtres".
The choice of school, Niki de St Phalle, Éganaude, César or CIV, is determined by the Inspection Académique and depends on place of residence as well as the number of children from a particular catchment area who are accepted into the programme.
Once allocated to a collège and after the rentrée, students are evaluated on their English language ability, and classes are organized according to skill level.
Children entering in 5ème, 4ème or 3ème are usually evaluated through a questionnaire and their past school record. Parents can contact ASEICA for information on the entrance process, but eventually must contact the appropriate collège directly.
Entrance exam for sixième, International Section:
Registration is now closed on the DSDEN06 website (11 december 2017 to 12 february 2018 midnight)
Information for 2018-2019: Inspection Académique website
Registration, tests and results are managed by the Inspection Académique (I.A.).
Once you receive the results, it is compulsory to complete registration with the Collège allocated by the I.A. and also with ASEICA, the International Anglophone Section.
ASEICA Registration documents for NEW PUPILS: Available HERE!
Recruitment for 5ème, 4ème and 3ème, or for families arriving from abroad:
Please contact each of the four collèges directly.
See also: School fees: